"...what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films -- these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fuckin' truth..."
I think people have a natural need to belong to social groups, and this leads people to define themselves by things they're into. "I'm a runner," "I'm into horror flicks," "I only eat at independent pizza parlors."
I see no problem with this whatsoever. The world is awash in stuff that we've created (and stuff that we haven't), and with so many things to try, I think it's cool to consider the items that have really made a positive impression on your life - even at a superficial level.
So without further adieu, I present a random list of things I've found in the world that make me happy:
- Mountain Dew - mostly the original, but LiveWire's great too
- Taco Bell
- RC Cola is totally underrated, but that's what I like about it
- Frisbee - I can play for hours and somehow I don't get bored
- Winnie the Pooh
- Vibrant colors - really in any context other than my own clothes
- Rich desserts, specifically Chocolate Mousse, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Key Lime Pie
- Early Grey tea with milk and sugar
- Sour gummy candy
- Telling a good joke - a rarity for me
- Picking and using aromatic hand or body soap - I get wayyy too excited when it's time to pick a new one
- The beginning of a road trip
- Long-form snack time
- The feeling of having "earned" a meal, usually from intense or extended physical activity
Also, I will start posting more than once a week. I just need to get in the habit of "just doing it."
Which reminds me...
- Nike running shoes...mostly because they run narrow with good arch support