Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Organizing for Action doesn't always refer to unions

New year, new post.  That's how this works, right?

I want to accomplish so many things this year, this month, this week. 

I think the thing I want most is not to forget about things that I want to accomplish, so it's tempting to blog a list, but I know all too well that blogging a list is the modern equivalent of lip service with no action.

So while I am going to blog an unordered list in a moment, let me say that my most desired goal this year is this:

An original, personalized system for organizing my ambitions.  The clincher: the system should focus on and facilitate action, not simply an empty sense of organization.

That said, here are some things that I want to use such a system for:

- Renting out our Delaware home

- Saving toward a down payment on a new property

- Saving toward a Volvo plug-in hybrid to be purchased in 2014 or 2015, goal is cash payment

- Learning to code - web and iOS

- Designing and identifying material sources for our self-built dream home - Keep in mind Tiny House

- Consider Tiny House as options for facilitating Tyler Pell compound

That's it for now.  This is just a small sample of what I want to work on this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment